How Long Do Water Heaters Last?
In short, the lifespan of a water heater will depend on its type and how well you maintain it. Tankless water heaters generally last the longest. On average, they have lifespans of 20 years or more. Heat pump and solar units have an average lifespan of 15 years. Storage tank units are known to last 10 years.
Regardless of the type of water heater, timely repairs and routine maintenance can extend its lifespan. By ensuring your unit is in working order, you can put off a replacement and even save money in the short term. A well-maintained water heater is going to use less water and energy to deliver the hot water you need.
Water Heater Making Noises?
If your water heater is making popping or rumbling noises, it can be due to a buildup at the tank's bottom. The burner heats the water through the sediment and creates these sounds. To resolve this, consider flushing the tank to remove the sediment buildup. If you need clarification, seek assistance from a professional plumber who can safely address the issue.
Common Water Heater Issues
At the first sign of an issue with your water heater, do not hesitate to get in contact with us. Our team of water heater specialists can quickly troubleshoot the problem and make our recommendation for whether a repair or replacement would be the most cost-effective for you. While other plumbers might try to upsell you, this is not a worry with Fairway Plumbing. We provide no-nonsense service. With us, you get a lasting fix at a great price. It is just that simple.
Call us if:
- You do not have enough hot water. This is often the result of a malfunctioning heating element, a buildup of sediment, or a faulty thermostat.
- Your water heater begins to leak. Do not ignore this problem. If left unchecked, it could lead to flooding and serious water damage.
- Strange noises start coming from your unit. These will let you know that something has gone wrong with your water heater, and it is likely not operating as efficiently as it ought to.
- Any piping or component of your unit has rusted or corroded. While your unit might still be working fine, rust and corrosion can weaken its components and result in serious issues down the road.
- Your pilot light has failed or gone out. A faulty or disconnected gas line could be the culprit. In any case, this is a problem that you want to trust a professional who has experience with gas plumbing.
- You notice sudden increases in your utility bills. This is a common sign of a faulty or inefficient water heater. With proper maintenance or repairs, you can get your bill back in check.
Whatever your needs, you can count on our Austin water heater services. To schedule same-day repairs, a routine maintenance appointment, or to speak with one of our expert team members about a water heater replacement, give us a call. We provide free estimates and can connect you with great financing options.
Reach out online or call (512) 515-9917.
We offer a variety of options. Call to learn about the details.
You can be confident you'll be happy when our team drives away.
Don't wait weeks for an appointment. Book us same-day!
We make it easy to get started with a completely free quote.
I was very pleased with the service that was provided. They delivered and installed my gas range that I so need. They ...- Kim
Eric installed our dishwasher. Super professional and knowledgeable. It was quick and easy and he showed us how to operate ...- Sandra
Fairway did a great job installing my water heater. Was professional and even cleaned up the area after he finished! ...- Tommy